Almost all building projects require Building Regulation Approval even if they don’t need Planning Permission. You can either apply to your Local Authority for Building Regulation Approval or appoint an Approved Inspector. Only companies licensed by the Construction Industry Council can offer this service. We hold licence 153 on the register, see ww.cic.org.uk Approved Inspectors are not just another consultant or intermediary, you are dealing direct with the decision makers.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our service, and our ethical approach, which has won us many awards. As a small family business, we are large enough to cope but still small enough to care whatever size of project you have planned.
We deal with over 600 projects every year and have experience of almost every type of domestic project that you can think of, and some that you probably hadn’t thought of too! Sectors include commercial and retail through to education, health and ecclesiastical.
Why choose us?
• We help identify and avoid Building Regulation problems – saving time and money
• Our fees are typically less than 1% of the project value
• We are commercially aware and work with you to find solutions, not problems
• We can contribute innovative technical solutions, such as use of alternative guides including BS9999
• We have a wide range of experience from domestic scale projects right through to the multi million pound developments
• We are regulated and monitored and licensed by the Construction Industry Council – unlike Local Authority Building Control.
• We will advise you on how to comply with regulations, not just “computer says no!”
• We will provide a full check of your plans before you start so there are no nasty surprises when you get on site
• Plans typically checked within 5-10 working days – no more waiting 5-8 weeks
• Copies of inspection reports with photos to show what we have seen
• Request visits on line 24 hours a day – no more waiting on the phone
• Regular correspondence to update on progress
• Final certificate on completion
The purpose of an Access Audit is to establish how well a building performs in relation to access and ease of use by a wide range of potential users, including people with physical, mobility and sensory impairments. It will identify where the building falls short of the requirements of current guidance such as BS8300 and Part M of the Building Regulations.
- We have a wealth of experience in this field and our staff draw on experience gained from carrying out hundreds of Access Audits during their careers
- Our Access Consultants are all practicing Building Control Surveyors, unlike many of our competitors and some have previously worked for Local Authorities
- We can fully explain the practical implications of what we recommend.
We are available for expert witness appointments in legal disputes relating to:
- Building Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Construction Site Fire Safety
We also provide media interviews and expert opinion and have appeared on BBC, ITV, C4, Sky, Radio and in many National Newspapers and specialist publications.
Past and current clients include many household names such as
What Areas do we cover
We are licensed to offer Commercial Services throughout England and Wales. We mainly operate in London & the South East, but have worked further afield for National Clients.
Here’s a list of areas we cover, if your area isn’t listed we may still be able to help, so get in touch to make sure.
Ashford Barking and Dagenham Barnet Bexley Brent Brighton and Hove Bromley Camden Canterbury Chichester Crawley Croydon Dartford Dover Ealing East Hampshire East Sussex Eastbourne Enfield Epsom and Ewell Fareham Gosport Gravesham Greenwich Guildford Hackney Hammersmith & Fulham Hampshire Haringey Hastings Havant Havering Hillingdon Horsham Hounslow Isle of Wight Islington Kensington and Chelsea Kent Kingston upon Thames Lambeth Lewes Lewisham London Maidstone Medway Merton Mid Sussex Milton Keynes New Forest Newham Portsmouth Redbridge Reigate and Banstead Richmond upon Thames Rother Runnymede Sevenoaks Shepway Southampton Southwark Surrey Surrey Heath Sutton Swale Thanet Tonbridge and Malling Tower Hamlets Tunbridge Wells Waltham Forest Wandsworth Waverley Wealden West Sussex Westminster Winchester Woking Wokingham and Worthing Council